29 Mar DFA Seeks Interns for Summer 2013
DFA is growing like the Fibonacci Sequence- 0, 1, 1, 2
, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34- as in taking big, but incremental steps in both programming and organization development. DFA is happy to offer course credit if the applicant is a student at an accredited college/university or a travel stipend for this position. If you’re thinking about a career in dance filmmaking, program management, or arts administration, we’d love for you to join our team.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Recent college graduate or currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Attention to detail and discrepancy.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Interest in dance film.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to 10hrs/week.
Position Summary The Technical Intern will work closely with the DFA Staff to digitize our dance film collection, regulate print traffic for various events, implement DFA’s branding and marketing campaign through digital content, and develop an efficient work flows. The intern will be responsible for creating single video files for programs that may have short films with various files in various formats so they must have experience with file formats, codecs and aspect ratios. He/She will be expected generate promo videos and design fliers and branded material for DFA events. He/she will also log footage and assemble relevant metadata for each film in DFA’s catalogue. In addition, they will be requested to document DFA events and programs on occasion.
- Working with DFA to establish optimum video digitization workflow and organization.
- Researching and creating metadata for the films and videos.
- Learning about the collection.
- Learning to digitize a variety of video formats.
- Digitize DFA’s dance film archive and cataloguing digital film storage and backup.
- Working with video logging software for creating clips and logging metadata.
- Log and capture footage from filmed DFA events.
- A little physical labor including moving and shelving films.
Communications Intern (NEW!)
Position Summary The Communications Intern will work closely with DFA Staff to monitor website projects, maintain database maintenance, and develop targeted outreach. Within the website, duties include systemizing SEO tactics, minimal web page management, and data entry. Proficiency in WordPress and simple coding skills are a requirement. Other duties include maximizing the use of outside social media platforms such as Vimeo, Facebook, and Twitter. The position also will include archival work and require communication with other archive collections. For the Dance on Camera Festival, the Communications Intern will work on developing the submission process with DFA Staff as it relates to use of the website.
- Working with DFA to establish data entry workflow.
- Familiarity with website and weekly tidying.
- Entering data for various archive collections.
- Posting on Facebook/Twitter and engaging social media audience.
- Staying on top of current dance film trends.
- Attending events to assist DFA staff.