CALL FOR STUDENT DANCE FILMS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE
2011 DANCE FOR CAMERA FESTIVAL AND WORKSHOP WITH
We are looking for student work to be screened on the opening night of the Dance for Camera Festival and Workshop with KATRINA MCPHERSON, September 15, 2011. Submissions must be a Dance for Camera piece, created specifically for film or video, or a staged work recreated for the camera. We are also accepting short, dance-related documentaries. This year we are offering a small cash prize for the Jury’s Pick!
Please note that these submissions are not to be performance documentations.
Only Region 1 or All Region DVD formats, and working web links will be accepted. DVDs will be required of submissions chosen for screening.
· The work must have been completed while enrolled in a full-time degree program or workshop setting.
· Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of your DVD if you would like it returned.
· There is no submission fee.
· Length of the work must not exceed 15 minutes.
· For further information, please contact:
Wyn Pottraz (Modern Dance), firstname.lastname@example.org
Danielle Short (Film and Media Arts), email@example.comMailed entries must be postmarked by 5:00PM, July 15th, 2011.
Online submissions must be received by 5:00PM, July 22nd, 2011.
Please attach this application.
Dance for the Camera Festival
Department of Modern Dance
University of Utah
330 South 1500 East, Room 106
Salt Lake City, UT 84112